Court adjourns hearing on PF scam to Mar 14
Ghaziabad: The special CBI court, trying the
Rs 6.58 crore provident fund scam in which six retired judges
are accused, on Friday adjourned the hearing in the case to March
14 in view of the one-day strike called by the lawyers here.
CBI had filed a charge sheet against 78 people, including
six retired judges, in the case involving alleged fraudulent
withdrawal of crores of rupees, between 2001 and 2008, from PF
of employees posted at Ghaziabad district court.
Six accused retired judges -- R P Mishra, R P Yadav, R N
Mishra, A K Singh, R S Chaubey and Arun Kumar -- were asked to
appear before the court on Friday. However, all of them did
not turn up in the last hearing citing medical reasons.
CBI judge A K Singh had asked them to appear before it on
February 18, failing which warrants would be issued against
them. They were all present in the court today.
The scam was exposed after special CBI judge Rama Jain
lodged a criminal case against 70 people at Kavi Nagar police
station on February 15, 2008. However, no judge was named in
While Ashutosh Asthana, the key accused who died in Dasna
Jail in mysterious circumstances on November 18, 2009, had
named 36 judges of the Supreme Court, high court and district
courts as accused, the apex court permitted CBI to prosecute
only six of them, now retired.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?