Court allows CBI 2 weeks to explore options in Bofors case
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Tuesday allowed a
CBI plea seeking two weeks time for exploring the options
available to it in Bofors payoff case after the withdrawal of
Interpol`s Red Corner notice against Italian businessman
Metropolitan Magistrate Manish Yaduvanshi granted the
time to the probe agency after Additional Solicitor General P
P Malhotra submitted that the matter was under consideration
of the Centre and CBI.
"The matter is still under consideration of the central
government and the process of consultation is likely to take
some more time," Malhotra and CBI counsel Naveen Kumar Matta
They sought adjournment of the matter for two weeks to
enable CBI to place the status report.
Malhotra also referred to the submission made on the
last date of hearing on April 30 when CBI had sought two
months time for filing the status report in the matter.
The court, taking his submissions into account during a
brief hearing, posted the matter for October 3.
The Interpol had in November last year withdrawn the
Red Corner Notice against Quattrocchi, which was first issued
in 1997, following a communication from CBI.
Quattrocchi was declared a proclaimed offender as he
did not appear to face trial and, as a result, charges could
not be framed against him despite two chargesheets in the
19-year-old Bofors payoff case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot