Court allows CBI 2 weeks to explore options in Bofors case
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Tuesday allowed a
CBI plea seeking two weeks time for exploring the options
available to it in Bofors payoff case after the withdrawal of
Interpol`s Red Corner notice against Italian businessman
Metropolitan Magistrate Manish Yaduvanshi granted the
time to the probe agency after Additional Solicitor General P
P Malhotra submitted that the matter was under consideration
of the Centre and CBI.
"The matter is still under consideration of the central
government and the process of consultation is likely to take
some more time," Malhotra and CBI counsel Naveen Kumar Matta
They sought adjournment of the matter for two weeks to
enable CBI to place the status report.
Malhotra also referred to the submission made on the
last date of hearing on April 30 when CBI had sought two
months time for filing the status report in the matter.
The court, taking his submissions into account during a
brief hearing, posted the matter for October 3.
The Interpol had in November last year withdrawn the
Red Corner Notice against Quattrocchi, which was first issued
in 1997, following a communication from CBI.
Quattrocchi was declared a proclaimed offender as he
did not appear to face trial and, as a result, charges could
not be framed against him despite two chargesheets in the
19-year-old Bofors payoff case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened