Court allows eye-test of Satyam accused
Hyderabad: A special court trying the Satyam
scam cases today directed the jail authorities to send accused
Vadlamani Srinivas to a government-run hospital for eye tests
and file a report on his condition by May 21.
Central Prison authorities to immediately send the former
chief financial officer of Satyam Computer (currenly in
judicial remand) to Sarojini Devi Eye Hospital (SDEH).
Vadlamani, accused No 3 in the multi-crore financial
fraud case, in his petition had earlier requested the court to
allow him to take required medical help for his eyes at a
private hospital/clinic of his choice and at his cost.
The Judge told the jail officials to verify whether he
(Vadlamani) requires treatment of any specialist and file a
detailed report before the court so as to pass orders on his
application by May 21.
Vadlamani, in his application, had said "I have problem
with my eye-sight and I am getting frequent headache. Though,
I was taken to SDEH and got my eyes tested, the problem
persists. Hence, I requested the jail authorities to take me
to a private hospital. However, the permission was not
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings
- President Pranab Mukherjee sets off on 4-day visit to China today
- Will Mika Singh's guest appearance on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' cost him 'Comedy Nights LIVE'?