Court asks FSL to expedite results in Kobad Ghandy`s case
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday asked
Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) here to expedite the
preparation of results on the handwriting samples sent to
them in a case against top Maoist leader Kobad Ghandy.
Additional Sessions Judge R K Gauba directed the FSL
director to ensure availability of results before December 9,
next date of hearing.
The court`s direction came after defence counsel Rebecca
M John and Jawahar Raza pointed out to it that the arguments
on charges should not begin without availability of the
Public Prosecutor Rajeev Mohan, however, insisted that
the arguments on charges to be framed against Ghandy and his
associate Arvind Joshi could very well start with regard to
their alleged role in offences under the Unlawful Activities
64-year-old Ghandy, an ideologue and a think-tank of the
banned CPI (Maoist), has been booked for various charges under
the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and the IPC after his
arrest from the capital on September 20 last year.
His associate Joshi, who had then allegedly escaped, was
later apprehended from Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh.
The court, which allowed the Delhi Police to initiate the
arguments, expressed its displeasure after the laptop on which
they tried to play a CD allegedly recovered from Ghandy,
purportedly showing him addressing a meeting of People`s
Liberation Army (PLA), could not run due to unavailability of
"It is such kind of situation which I always want to
avoid. You should have been ready," the judge observed.
To this, the prosecutor submitted that since the CDs were
sealed, it could not be tested on the laptop.
The court then deferred the matter on a request of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan