Court asks MHA to verify forms to be sent to US-based websites
verify the filled-up forms for service of summonses to various US-based websites, including Facebook and Google, accused of promoting class enmity and undermining national integrity here.
Metropolitan Magistrate Jay Thareja gave the direction to the ministry after the complainant`s counsel submitted the forms, required to be filled under an Indo-US treaty for service of summonses, in accordance with its earlier order.
The court told the ministry to check the forms submitted by complainant Vinay Rai and apprise it on December 5 if the forms have been filled in accordance with the prescribed norms as given in the Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty (MLAT) between the two countries.
Rai`s advocate Shashi Tripathi had earlier submitted the forms to the court in accordance with its earlier order.
MHA`s Under Secretary Amar Chand had earlier told the court to start extradition proceedings to secure the presence of the websites based abroad and had referred to the MLAT between the US and India saying instead of issuing summonses against them, it should initiate extradition proceedings.
The court, however, had said it would not initiate the extradition proceedings and had asked the official to assist the complainant`s counsel in filling the forms for service of summonses.
The websites named in the complaint include Facebook, Orkut, YouTube, Yahoo, Blogspot, Google and Microsoft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen