Court bans broadcast of CCTV footage of bombed German Bakery
Pune: Broadcast of CCTV footage of the bombed German Bakery here has been banned by a court to protect witnesses and ensure unhindered investigations in the case.
The court issued its directive on an application filed by the Maharashtra ATS, Pune Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh said.
The order also applies to the CCTV footage from the five star hotel adjacent to the site of the blast on February 13, he said. Sixteen people have died in the blast.
Singh said police were receiving a lot of letters of doubtful credibility, claiming responsibility for the Pune blast and among them were two purportedly sent by `SIMI International` and `Mujaheedin Islamic Muslim Front`.
The letters cannot be treated as "genuine" but police are trying to verify their source, he said.
Since the German Bakery blast, police have been getting many bomb hoax calls too, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered