Court bans broadcast of CCTV footage of bombed German Bakery
Pune: Broadcast of CCTV footage of the bombed German Bakery here has been banned by a court to protect witnesses and ensure unhindered investigations in the case.
The court issued its directive on an application filed by the Maharashtra ATS, Pune Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh said.
The order also applies to the CCTV footage from the five star hotel adjacent to the site of the blast on February 13, he said. Sixteen people have died in the blast.
Singh said police were receiving a lot of letters of doubtful credibility, claiming responsibility for the Pune blast and among them were two purportedly sent by `SIMI International` and `Mujaheedin Islamic Muslim Front`.
The letters cannot be treated as "genuine" but police are trying to verify their source, he said.
Since the German Bakery blast, police have been getting many bomb hoax calls too, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder