Court defers decision on Rathore’s bail plea again
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High Court has once again deferred its decision on the bail plea by former Haryana police chief SPS Rathore, who has been convicted and sent to jail for molesting teenager Ruchika Girhotra.
The verdict is expected Friday.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Wednesday deferred its decision on Rathore’s bail plea till today.
Rathore was served an 18-month sentence May 25 by a district and sessions court here. His wife and counsel Abha Rathore had filed a bail petition in the high court.
Rathore has been convicted for molesting Girhotra in 1990. She committed suicide three years later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!