Court defers decision on Rathore’s bail plea again
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High Court has once again deferred its decision on the bail plea by former Haryana police chief SPS Rathore, who has been convicted and sent to jail for molesting teenager Ruchika Girhotra.
The verdict is expected Friday.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Wednesday deferred its decision on Rathore’s bail plea till today.
Rathore was served an 18-month sentence May 25 by a district and sessions court here. His wife and counsel Abha Rathore had filed a bail petition in the high court.
Rathore has been convicted for molesting Girhotra in 1990. She committed suicide three years later.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed