Court defers decision on Rathore’s bail plea again
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High Court has once again deferred its decision on the bail plea by former Haryana police chief SPS Rathore, who has been convicted and sent to jail for molesting teenager Ruchika Girhotra.
The verdict is expected Friday.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Wednesday deferred its decision on Rathore’s bail plea till today.
Rathore was served an 18-month sentence May 25 by a district and sessions court here. His wife and counsel Abha Rathore had filed a bail petition in the high court.
Rathore has been convicted for molesting Girhotra in 1990. She committed suicide three years later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur