Court defers decision on Rathore’s bail plea again
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High Court has once again deferred its decision on the bail plea by former Haryana police chief SPS Rathore, who has been convicted and sent to jail for molesting teenager Ruchika Girhotra.
The verdict is expected Friday.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Wednesday deferred its decision on Rathore’s bail plea till today.
Rathore was served an 18-month sentence May 25 by a district and sessions court here. His wife and counsel Abha Rathore had filed a bail petition in the high court.
Rathore has been convicted for molesting Girhotra in 1990. She committed suicide three years later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'