Court defers decision on Rathore’s bail plea again
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High Court has once again deferred its decision on the bail plea by former Haryana police chief SPS Rathore, who has been convicted and sent to jail for molesting teenager Ruchika Girhotra.
The verdict is expected Friday.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Wednesday deferred its decision on Rathore’s bail plea till today.
Rathore was served an 18-month sentence May 25 by a district and sessions court here. His wife and counsel Abha Rathore had filed a bail petition in the high court.
Rathore has been convicted for molesting Girhotra in 1990. She committed suicide three years later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?