Court dismisses bail plea of four friends of murdered NRI
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday dismissed the bail pleas of the four friends of murdered NRI student Anmol Sarna who were arrested in connection with the case.
Metropolitan Magistrate Deepak Wason rejected the bail applications of Shivank Gambhir, Madhav Bhandari, Pranil Shah and Ritham Girhotra, who are in Tihar jail till September 30.
The court had yesterday sent Shivank and Madhav to judicial custody while the remaining four accused, Pranil and Ritham, and Surender Bali (46) and Naresh Mishra (60), were sent to Tihar jail on September 17.
Bali and Mishra were security guards at the housing complex in south Delhi where the friends were partying on the night of the incident.
According to police, 24-year-old Anmol was murdered after a scuffle at a farewell party at Pranil`s flat in Southpark Apartment in Kalkaji on September 13 night.
Police had said that Anmol and the said friends had consumed drugs in Pranil`s bedroom at about 9 pm.
Around midnight, as the drugs took effect, Anmol allegedly started screaming and turned violent, smashing an LCD television set and damaging some other articles.
While three friends left the premises on foot and were later picked up by Shivank`s father in an inebriated state, Anmol sat outside the duplex house on the second-floor and kept screaming.
A neighbour then called the security guards, Surender and Naresh, who then allegedly assaulted Anmol with their batons.
So far, police have arrested six persons, including the guards who have been booked for the alleged murder, whereas the four friends, all in their 20s, have been booked under Section 22/27/29 of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today