Court dismisses plea to register FIR against Sushilkumar Shinde
New Delhi: A complaint seeking registration of FIR against Union Home Minister SushilKumar Shinde for his Hindu terror remarks has been dismissed by a Delhi court which said it did not find any merit in it.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM) Kuldeep Narayan said, "Having heard the submissions and perusing the material available on record, I do not find any merit in the present complaint...
"The complainant has not taken any such previous sanction either of the central government or of the state government before filing the present complaint and accordingly, cognizance of the offence under sections 153(A) and 295(A) of the IPC cannot be taken in the present case. The complaint is wholly devoid of merit and is accordingly, dismissed," the ACMM said.
The court passed the order on a complaint of advocate V P Sharma urging it to take cognizance of the offences allegedly committed by Shinde and also to direct the Delhi Police for registration of FIR against the Home Minister and associates.
He sought FIR for offences of promoting enmity between different groups on the ground of religion and deliberate and malicious acts, intended to outrage religious feelings.
He alleged that Shinde had made "condemnable, malicious and baseless" comment on January 20, 2013 that BJP and RSS are running "Hindu terror camps".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS