Court dismisses Raju kin plea seeking release of bank money
Hyderabad: A Special Court today
dismissed the petitions of Anil Verma and Purnima, son-in-law
and daughter of Satyam scam accused B Suryanarayana Raju,
seeking direction to the CBI to defreeze their savings bank
accounts and fixed deposits.
B V L N Chakravarti, the judge trying the Satyam scam
cases here, accepted CBI`s contention that it is conducting
further investigations about diversion of money and on
deposits made in banks and that defreezing of accounts at this
stage will hamper the probe.
The Judge said the petitioners did not submit any
document in the court to disclose the source of the amount
available in their savings accounts and fixed deposits held
with a private bank in Jubilee Hills here.
"There is no material available before the court to
draw any inference that the said amount belongs to petitioners
only and it was their self acquired amount," Chakravarti
observed while disallowing their petitions.
Anil and Purnima, (holding Rs 88.49 lakh and Rs 2.13
crore respectively), in separate petitions, had earlier
submitted that the money had nothing do with the offence and
that they were suffering financially as the CBI froze both the
accounts during the investigations into the Satyam fraud which
came to light in January last year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India