Court erred in acquitting Faheem, Saba in 26/11 case: Nikam
Mumbai: The trial court had erred in
acquitting LeT suspects Faheem Ansari and Sabauddin Ahmed in
the 26/11 case as their conduct before the terror strikes
clearly reflected their guilty mind and involvement in the
conspiracy, government counsel Ujjwal Nikam told the Bombay
High Court on Wednesday.
Both had participated in the 26/11 attack conspiracy
by drawing maps of targets and giving them to LeT which in
turn supplied them to the attackers, Nikam argued and
enumerated five circumstances to substantiate his point.
First, he said, Faheem and Sabauddin were arrested on
February 2008 in Uttar Pradesh in connection with an attack on
CRPF jawans. Secondly, during personal search at the time of
arrest police seized from Faheem a "fake" Pakistani passport
and an identity card in assumed name with his own photograph.
Thirdly, Nikam said, 10 maps of Mumbai locations were
found from Faheem`s possession and these were meant to be
supplied to LeT purportedly to create terror. Fourthly,
Faheem`s childhood friend, Nuruddin Shaikh, had seen Faheem
giving maps to Sabauddin in Nepal for passing them to LeT.
Lastly, Nikam said, LeT leader Abu Kafa had given
Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab and other 26/11 attackers maps
of the targets saying they were made by Faheem and Sabauddin
and they should destroy them when they reached the target.
Accordingly, the terrorists destroyed the maps carried
by them except Abu Ismael and Kasab because the duo had not
reached their destination as they were nabbed in Girgaum
Chowpatty on way to Malabar Hill. One such map was found from
the pocket of slain terrorist Abu Ismael, Nikam said.
The court is hearing the appeal filed by the state
against the acquittal of Faheem and Sabauddin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks