Court extends custody of alleged Pakistani spy
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday extended by five days the police custdoy of Zubair Khan who was arrested for allegedly working for a Pakistani intelligence agency and was found possessing secret documents relating to Indian Army which were to be supplied to an "agent" of Pakistan High Commission here.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Manish Yaduvanshi extended Zubair`s police custody by five days.
Zubair, a resident of Kakrala village in Uttar Pradesh, was earlier remanded in two-day police custody on July 18 following his arrest by the crime branch of Delhi Police on July 17.
The police told the court that on July 17, Zubair was apprehended near the parking gate of Kalindi Kunj Park here.
When he was searched, confidential documents and photographs pertaining to Indian army were recovered.
During his interrogation, Zubair had disclosed that he was working for a Pakistan intelligence agency and was in contact with some officials of Pakistan High Commission here and that the recovered documents were to be handed over to that agent of the Commission, police told the court.
The police said Zubair has to be interrogated at length to unearth the entire conspiracy and also to identify the persons who had supplied him the secret documents.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India