Court gives Talwars crime scene photographs, fingerprints
Ghaziabad: Dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, facing trial for their alleged roles in the twin murders of their daughter Aarushi and domestic aide Hemraj, were today ordered by a special court here to be given over 200 photographs of the crime scene, besides the records of the fingerprints lifted from there.
Special Judge S Lal asked the CBI to hand over to Talwars the documents, demanded by them to defend themselves in the case.
The court`s order came on Talwars` three separate pleas, demanding the fingerprint records and the crime scene photographs, besides the statements of the Uttar Pradesh Police photographer Chunni Lal Gautam to the CBI investigating officer and the court.
The court, however, rejected Talwars` plea for key prosecution witness Gautam`s statements tro the CBI, saying that Talwars can cross-examine him with the help of his statement made before it (the court).
Talwars had demanded Gautam`s staements to the court and the investigating agency saying that they differ greatly.
During the day`s proceeding, the CBI handed over to Talwars, a total of 203 out of 230 photographs shot at the crime scene, saying that the remaining 27 photographs cannot be given to them as they were not developed due to faulty reels.
Fourteen-year-old Aarushi Talwar was found dead in her Noida flat on May 16, 2008 with her throat slit, while her domestic help Hemraj was found a day letter in the terrace of the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’