Court gives time to Jundal to scrutinise chargesheet
New Delhi: A Delhi court Friday granted more time to 26/11 suspect Abu Jundal to scrutinise the chargesheet filed against him by Delhi Police.
Jundal had requested Metropolitan Magistrate Ajay Malik for more time to scrutinise the chargesheet, supplied to him Oct 8.
The court fixed Oct 25 as the next date of hearing.
Jundal is in the custody of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) till Oct 20. The NIA had sought Jundal`s custody to question him to unearth terror group Lashkar-e-Taiba`s (LeT) conspiracy for strikes across India. Jundal was brought before the court Oct 4 by Maharashtra Police, who told the court that he was not required for investigation in their state anymore.
Giving priority to various cases in Mumbai, a court here July 20 had handed over his custody to Maharashtra Police. Mumbai police had taken Jundal into custody to interrogate his alleged involvement in Mumbai`s 26/11 attack, the 2010 German Bakery blast in Pune, the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case and a plot to attack the Nashik Police Academy.
Mumbai`s 26/11 attack in 2008 by 10 LeT terrorists left 166 people dead and 238 injured. The German Bakery blast on Feb 13, 2010, killed 17 people and injured at least 60 more. In the Aurangabad case, the Anti-Terror Squad had seized 43 kg of RDX, 50 hand grenades, 16 AK-47 rifles and over 3,000 live bullets from two cars on the Chandaud-Manmad Highway in Aurangabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends