Court grants police 3 days custody of suspected ISI agent
Chennai: A local court granted police three days custody of a Sri Lankan national Mohammed Zahir Hussain, suspected to be an agent of a Colombo based ISI operative.
Hussain was produced before the XIII Metropolitan Magistrate here by `Q` Branch Police wing, handling cases linked to national security.
Though police had sought nine days custody to interrogate him, the court granted only three days, following objections raised by the defence counsel.
Police are already probing if the suspected ISI agent, arrested on April 29, has links with some sleeper cells of home grown terror modules in Tamil Nadu or elsewhere in South India.
Incriminating materials and counterfeit currency were seized after he was arrested and cases under several provisions of the law, including IPC, were slapped against Hussain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Today in history, 20th January, 2017
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!