Court issues contempt notice to Prasar Bharati CEO
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday issued a contempt notice to Prasar Bharati CEO BS Lalli for not following earlier court directions over the functioning of the public broadcaster.
Issuing the contempt notice, Justice SN Dhingra asked Lalli why earlier court orders on the functioning of Prasar Bharati were not followed. He was asked to reply by April 8.
The contempt petition was filed by the Centre for Public Interest Litigation that alleged that Lalli was not following court orders on convening meetings with all members of the Board.
Prashant Bhushan, counsel for the petitioner, argued that Lalli had flouted all court orders and that led to imbalances and weaknesses in the functioning of the Prasar Bharati Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan