Court issues contempt notice to Prasar Bharati CEO
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday issued a contempt notice to Prasar Bharati CEO BS Lalli for not following earlier court directions over the functioning of the public broadcaster.
Issuing the contempt notice, Justice SN Dhingra asked Lalli why earlier court orders on the functioning of Prasar Bharati were not followed. He was asked to reply by April 8.
The contempt petition was filed by the Centre for Public Interest Litigation that alleged that Lalli was not following court orders on convening meetings with all members of the Board.
Prashant Bhushan, counsel for the petitioner, argued that Lalli had flouted all court orders and that led to imbalances and weaknesses in the functioning of the Prasar Bharati Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'