Court issues contempt notice to Prasar Bharati CEO
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday issued a contempt notice to Prasar Bharati CEO BS Lalli for not following earlier court directions over the functioning of the public broadcaster.
Issuing the contempt notice, Justice SN Dhingra asked Lalli why earlier court orders on the functioning of Prasar Bharati were not followed. He was asked to reply by April 8.
The contempt petition was filed by the Centre for Public Interest Litigation that alleged that Lalli was not following court orders on convening meetings with all members of the Board.
Prashant Bhushan, counsel for the petitioner, argued that Lalli had flouted all court orders and that led to imbalances and weaknesses in the functioning of the Prasar Bharati Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre