Court issues contempt notice to Prasar Bharati CEO
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday issued a contempt notice to Prasar Bharati CEO BS Lalli for not following earlier court directions over the functioning of the public broadcaster.
Issuing the contempt notice, Justice SN Dhingra asked Lalli why earlier court orders on the functioning of Prasar Bharati were not followed. He was asked to reply by April 8.
The contempt petition was filed by the Centre for Public Interest Litigation that alleged that Lalli was not following court orders on convening meetings with all members of the Board.
Prashant Bhushan, counsel for the petitioner, argued that Lalli had flouted all court orders and that led to imbalances and weaknesses in the functioning of the Prasar Bharati Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'