Court issues production warrants against Abu Jundal
New Delhi: A special NIA court on Friday issued production warrants for April 25 against suspected terrorist of Lashker-e-Taiba (LeT) and one of the masterminds of 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, Abu Jundal, who was chargesheeted by the agency for allegedly recruiting youths for the terror outfit.
Jundal was chargesheeted by National Investigation Agency (NIA) for offences punishable under the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act for his deliberate attempts for recruiting different persons through internet for joining LeT and carry out terror activities in India.
District Judge (DJ) I S Mehta issued the production warrants against Jundal, whose real name is Sayed Zabiuddin and is currently lodged in a Mumbai jail, directing the jail authorities to produce him before the court on April 25.
The court has not yet taken cognisance of the charge sheet filed by the NIA, court sources said.
The NIA, in its chargesheet, has alleged that during 2011 and 2012, Jundal had "attempted to send monetary support for the purpose of motivating accused persons earlier charged with cases of terrorism in Maharashtra."
The NIA had lodged a case against Jundal, who was deported by Saudi Arabia in June last year, for allegedly conspiring to launch terror strikes across the country. It had lodged an FIR against Jundal following the unearthing of LeT`s conspiracy of terror strikes in India.
During the probe, Jundal had allegedly told investigators that he had taught Hindi to the 10 LeT terrorists who carried out the attack on Mumbai in November 2008 in which 166 people were killed.
He had allegedly issued instructions during the attack to two terrorists holed up inside Nariman House, a Jewish outreach centre, from a control room set up in Karachi and his voice had been intercepted by the intelligence agencies.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!