Court issues production warrants against Abu Jundal
New Delhi: A special NIA court on Friday issued production warrants for April 25 against suspected terrorist of Lashker-e-Taiba (LeT) and one of the masterminds of 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, Abu Jundal, who was chargesheeted by the agency for allegedly recruiting youths for the terror outfit.
Jundal was chargesheeted by National Investigation Agency (NIA) for offences punishable under the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act for his deliberate attempts for recruiting different persons through internet for joining LeT and carry out terror activities in India.
District Judge (DJ) I S Mehta issued the production warrants against Jundal, whose real name is Sayed Zabiuddin and is currently lodged in a Mumbai jail, directing the jail authorities to produce him before the court on April 25.
The court has not yet taken cognisance of the charge sheet filed by the NIA, court sources said.
The NIA, in its chargesheet, has alleged that during 2011 and 2012, Jundal had "attempted to send monetary support for the purpose of motivating accused persons earlier charged with cases of terrorism in Maharashtra."
The NIA had lodged a case against Jundal, who was deported by Saudi Arabia in June last year, for allegedly conspiring to launch terror strikes across the country. It had lodged an FIR against Jundal following the unearthing of LeT`s conspiracy of terror strikes in India.
During the probe, Jundal had allegedly told investigators that he had taught Hindi to the 10 LeT terrorists who carried out the attack on Mumbai in November 2008 in which 166 people were killed.
He had allegedly issued instructions during the attack to two terrorists holed up inside Nariman House, a Jewish outreach centre, from a control room set up in Karachi and his voice had been intercepted by the intelligence agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Manthan: Expert's tips to avoid stomach gas, constipation
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced