Court issues warrant against Sanjay Dutt
Barabanki: A local court today issued a bailable warrant against actor Sanjay Dutt after he failed to appear in a case for allegedly making derogatory remarks at Chief Minister Mayawati during the 2009 Lokshaba polls.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Arvind Mishra, while issuing bailable warrant of Rs 10,000, fixed December 8 as the next date of hearing.
Dutt, while campaigning for the Samajwadi Party on April 19, 2009, had allegedly made derogatory remarks against Mayawati.
An FIR was registered against Dutt at Tiakaitnagar police station on directives of the then District Magistrate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack