Court Martial in Sukna begins, first against a Lt Gen
Shillong: Marking the first such trial of a three-star General for involvement in a corruption, the court martial of Lt Gen P K Rath began here today in connection with
the Sukna land scam.
On the first day of the trial, Rath sought an adjournment and his plea was accepted by presiding officer of the General Court Martial Lt Gen I J Singh, army sources told
Earlier, the court martial was slated to begin on August 30 but was postponed for two weeks on Rath`s request. Rath was indicted along with two other Lt Generals and a Major General by an Army Court of Inquiry for issuing no objection certificates to private realtors for building educational institutions on a 70-acre plot of land adjacent to the Sukna military station in West Bengal.
After the Court of Inquiry submitted its report last year, disciplinary action was recommended against Rath and the then Military Secretary Lt Gen Avadesh Prakash and
administrative action was initiated against Lt Gen Ramesh Halgali and Maj Gen P K Sen. Halgali was recently promoted as Director General, Military Training, and posted to Army Headquarters here after serving as 11 Corps Commander in Jalandhar.
Summary of Evidence (SOE) against Prakash in the case is still continuing at Army`s Eastern Command Headquarters in Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands