Court notices to Anna Hazare, Arvind Kejriwal
Dehradun: A local court has issued notices to social activist Anna Hazare and five others, including his former associate Arvind Kejriwal, for allegedly showing disrespect to the Indian Constitution.
District and Sessions Judge Raj Krishna issued notices to the anti-corruption crusader and five others on Monday.
The court issued the notices on a petition which alleged that Hazare had shown disrespect to the Constitution in a book titled "Lokpal- Facts and Arguments".
The petition alleged that on page 20 of the book, Hazare says "If the Constitution of India comes in the way of an effective anti-corruption law, then the Constitution needs to be thrown out."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!