Court notices to Anna Hazare, Arvind Kejriwal
Dehradun: A local court has issued notices to social activist Anna Hazare and five others, including his former associate Arvind Kejriwal, for allegedly showing disrespect to the Indian Constitution.
District and Sessions Judge Raj Krishna issued notices to the anti-corruption crusader and five others on Monday.
The court issued the notices on a petition which alleged that Hazare had shown disrespect to the Constitution in a book titled "Lokpal- Facts and Arguments".
The petition alleged that on page 20 of the book, Hazare says "If the Constitution of India comes in the way of an effective anti-corruption law, then the Constitution needs to be thrown out."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read