Court notices to Anna Hazare, Arvind Kejriwal
Dehradun: A local court has issued notices to social activist Anna Hazare and five others, including his former associate Arvind Kejriwal, for allegedly showing disrespect to the Indian Constitution.
District and Sessions Judge Raj Krishna issued notices to the anti-corruption crusader and five others on Monday.
The court issued the notices on a petition which alleged that Hazare had shown disrespect to the Constitution in a book titled "Lokpal- Facts and Arguments".
The petition alleged that on page 20 of the book, Hazare says "If the Constitution of India comes in the way of an effective anti-corruption law, then the Constitution needs to be thrown out."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened