Court order on making PC 2G accused on Feb 4
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday reserved its order till February 4 on a plea seeking to make Home Minister P Chidambaram a party to the 2G spectrum case.
The petitioner today completed his arguments in the case. He had submitted the certified copies of documents during the last hearing.
Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Judge OP Saini, after hearing the final arguments of the petitioner, reserved his order on the plea till February 4.
The petitioner has alleged the connivance, collusion and consent of the then finance minister P Chidambaram in the decision taken by the then telecom minister A Raja on the matter of fixing prices of 2G spectrum licences and the matter of permitting companies who received licences.
Chidambaram was the finance minister in the first United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government when the spectrum saga began.
The petitioner sought to make Chidambaram a party in the case, saying the decision on spectrum pricing was taken in 2008 jointly by him and Raja, who has been lodged in the Tihar Jail here since February 2. He alleged that Chidambaram and Raja were equally guilty of recommending spectrum prices based on 2001 rates.
He had earlier submitted three documents for seeking the prosecution of Chidambaram. These included evidence extracted from a Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) report and other sources.
Raja is among the 14 people, including corporate honchos, who have been arrested in the scam. Kanimozhi, a DMK Rajya Sabha MP and daughter of former Tamil Nadu chief minister K Karunanidhi, was also arrested in connection with the case.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Domestic black money window will ensure peace of mind: IT dept
- HTC 10 smartphone launched in India at Rs 52,990
- Rio Olympics: Police train dogs to sniff out terror threat at biggest sporting extravaganza
- Photo alert! Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor spotted on the streets of London
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' shoot diaries: Check out Parineeti Chopra-Ayushmann Khurrana's joyride!