Court order on making PC 2G accused on Feb 4
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday reserved its order till February 4 on a plea seeking to make Home Minister P Chidambaram a party to the 2G spectrum case.
The petitioner today completed his arguments in the case. He had submitted the certified copies of documents during the last hearing.
Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Judge OP Saini, after hearing the final arguments of the petitioner, reserved his order on the plea till February 4.
The petitioner has alleged the connivance, collusion and consent of the then finance minister P Chidambaram in the decision taken by the then telecom minister A Raja on the matter of fixing prices of 2G spectrum licences and the matter of permitting companies who received licences.
Chidambaram was the finance minister in the first United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government when the spectrum saga began.
The petitioner sought to make Chidambaram a party in the case, saying the decision on spectrum pricing was taken in 2008 jointly by him and Raja, who has been lodged in the Tihar Jail here since February 2. He alleged that Chidambaram and Raja were equally guilty of recommending spectrum prices based on 2001 rates.
He had earlier submitted three documents for seeking the prosecution of Chidambaram. These included evidence extracted from a Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) report and other sources.
Raja is among the 14 people, including corporate honchos, who have been arrested in the scam. Kanimozhi, a DMK Rajya Sabha MP and daughter of former Tamil Nadu chief minister K Karunanidhi, was also arrested in connection with the case.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read