Court order on plea against Army Chief on April 26
New Delhi: A Delhi court Saturday reserved for April 26 its order on a defamation case filed by Lt. Gen. (retd) Tejinder Singh against army chief Gen VK Singh, who has accused him of bribery.
Metropolitan Magistrate Jasjeet Kaur listed the matter for order on the summoning of Army Chief and others after Tejinder Singh`s counsel said that his client had already recorded his statement and pre-summoning evidence in support of his complaint.
Metropolitan Magistrate Sudesh Kumar, who had on April 10 reserved the order on Tejinder Singh`s complaint, did not hold proceedings Saturday as he was attending a training session and the matter was listed for hearing by Jasjeet Kaur.
Tejinder Singh has requested the court to summon and initiate proceedings against the army chief and others for making the libellous statement in media.
Alleging that the officers misused their official position, power and authority to level false charges against him, the retired army officer in his complaint has also named army vice chief Lt. Gen. S.K. Singh, Director General, Military Intelligence Lt. Gen. BS Thakur, Additional Director General of Public Information Major Gen. S.L. Narsimhan and Directorate General of Public Information staff officer Lt. Col. Hitten Sawhney.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days