Court pulls up CBI for incomplete reply to Jagdish Tytler plea
New Delhi: The CBI was Wednesday pulled up by a court here for filing an incomplete reply to a plea filed by Congress leader Jagdish Tytler, facing charges of forgery of a letter sent to the prime minister.
CBI Judge V.K. Gupta was irked after observing that the reply filed by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to Tytler`s plea seeking some documents related to the case.
"Why you (CBI) have not written it (regarding filing of documents in sealed cover in another court) in your reply? It should be specific in the reply," the judge asked CBI.
He noted that no such documents have been filed in the court.
The prosecutor replied that the documents were filed in a sealed cover before another court in connection with a separate case lodged under the Official Secrets Act.
The court warned the CBI that it will impose costs against it.
The defence counsel urged the court to direct the CBI to file a fresh reply, following which the court fixed the matter for Aug 5 for further hearing.
Tytler was chargesheeted along with controversial businessman Abhishek Verma in the case filed on a complaint by then minister of state for home Ajay Maken that a forged letter on his letterhead was written to the prime minister by Verma seeking easing of business visa norms in 2009.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler