Court refuses to pass order on alleged threat to IM suspect
New Delhi: A Delhi court has refused to pass
any order on an application of a suspected Indian Mujahideen
terrorist seeking direction to Tihar Jail authorities claiming
that there was a threat to his life inside the prison.
Additional Sessions Judge Santosh Snehi Mann did not issue
any order on the plea of Salman, an accused in the serial
blasts cases of September 13, 2008, who claimed threat to his
life from other jail inmates.
The court`s decision came after Tihai jail authorities
submitted a report before it stating that the accused had
already been kept in a high security ward.
"It is submitted that the accused is lodged in high
security ward by the order of DG (Prison) and that
apprehension of threat to his life and limb and harassment
caused by fellow inmates could not be substantiated," the
"It is further submitted that keeping in view of the
apprehension of the accused, staff concerned has been
sensitised to keep strict vigil so that no such incident could
take place," it said.
The jail authorities had also stated that the accused has
been kept in a ward which was meant for prisoners between the
age group of 18-21.
The court had earlier refused to allow another plea of
Salman claiming that he was juvenile at the time of serial
blasts that had claimed 26 lives and left over 135 other
injured in the capital on September 13, 2008.
Salman, who remained elusive for over a year after the
blasts, was arrested on March six by Anti-Terrorism Squad of
Uttar Pradesh Police from Siddarth Nagar about 300 km from
Delhi police had already filed supplementary chargesheets
The court is now likely to start hearing arguments on
framing of charges next month against 14 IM suspects arrested
for their alleged role in serial blasts here.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan