Court reject Rubabuddin`s to become party in Shah bail hearing
Ahmedabad: Special CBI court today rejected
the application of fake encounter victim Sohrabuddin Sheikh`s,
brother Rubabuddin, to become party in opposing the bail plea
of former Gujarat minister Amit Shah.
CBI Judge G K Upadhyay rejected Rubabuddin`s plea saying
he had no locus standi in opposing the bail of Shah, who is
facing charges of murder, abduction, extortion and criminal
conspiracy in the fake encounter of Sohrabuddin and killing of
his wife Kaursar Bi in 2005.
The court, however, said in the order that Rubabuddin
could assist the public prosecutor in the case. If he has any
objections he could place it before court through the public
prosecutor, it further added.
During the hearing in the case Rubabuddin`s counsel Mukul
Sinha had submitted that Shah, former minister of state for
Home, was an influential person, and if granted bail, could
prove dangerous for investigation in the matter.
Rubabuddin had further contended that he was the original
complainant, on whose petition the Supreme Court directed the
state CID to probe the killing of Sohrabuddin and later
transferred the case to CBI, and therefore, he should be heard
while deciding on Shah`s bail.
Shah`s counsel Nirupam Nanavati had opposed Rubabuddin`s
plea saying there was no need to join him as a party in the
A close aide of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi,
Shah was the first political figure to be arrested in the case
on July 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video