Court rejects Delhi Police gambit to force lie detector test on Zee journalists
New Delhi: Metropolitan Magistrate Mr Gaurav Rao on Thursday allowed Mr Subhash Chandra to go ahead with the lie detector tests subject to his doctors allowing the same, while observing that Mr Sudhir Chaudhary and Mr Samir Ahluwalia cannot be forced to give lie detector tests would amount to violation of their right against self-incrimination.
In today’s order passed in the Delhi District Court at Saket, the two Zee Editors were allowed to volunteer with sharing their voice samples. The hon’ble court deemed this as good enough and said the journalists cannot be forced by the Delhi Police to go through a polygraph test.
Again, since ZNL Non Executive Chairman, Mr Subash Chandra has consented to giving the lie detector tests, the hon’ble court allowed Mr Chandra to go ahead with it, subject only to ratification from his doctors.
It was again established that there is a bias on the part of the investigating agency by the fact that the investigator sought only Mr Chandra`s lie detection test and not of Mr Navin Jindal, making the inquiry one-sided. The lie detector test on Mr Naveen Jindal should also be invoked.
Today’s order strengthened the appeal of the counsels of ZNL editors Sudhir Choudhary (Zee News) and Samir Ahluwalia (Zee Business)- Mr. K N Mittal & Mr. Sunil Mittal respectively, who had submitted the following series of representations before the Hon’ble Court:
- The investigation has been conducted under the influence of Mr. Naveen Jindal as editors were illegally arrested under wrong sections of IPC and in contravention of Cr. P. C., 1973.
- As per the investigation officer, the CD produced by Mr. Jindal is not doctored, though it is so.
- Since the complainant Mr. Naveen Jindal is an influential person and going by the current biased nature of investigations based on false facts, the investigating agency may not conduct a fair and legal lie detector test. Since the result of lie detector test can be wrong and influenced, both ZNL editors have not given consent for lie detector tests.
In a separate development, over three thousand citizens gathered at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi in support of the wives of Sudhir and Samir, who were questioning the one-sided probe being conducted by Delhi Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad