Court reserves order on Tejinder Singh`s plea
New Delhi: A Delhi court Wednesday reserved its order on Lt. Gen. (Retd) Tejinder Singh`s plea seeking the issuance of summons to former army chief Gen. V.K. Singh in a defamation case.
Metropolitan Magistrate Jay Thareja fixed June 8 for order on the retired army officer`s plea. "Put up for orders regarding summoning on June 8," said the court.
Lt Gen Tejinder Singh has requested the court to summon and initiate proceedings against the army chief and others for allegedly making libellous statement against him in the media and accusing him of bribery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional