`Court right in denying bail to Kanimozhi’: Swami
New Delhi: Janata Party chief Subramanian
Swamy, who had approached court in the 2G scam case, on Thursday
described the denial of bail to DMK MP Kanimozhi and seven
others as a "correct decision" since they had committed "crime
against the nation".
He said one cannot compare the case of Kanimozhi and
others with former Goldman Sachs executive Rajat Gupta getting
bail in a case in the United States.
"This is a correct decision. The CBI was pressurised to
take a ridiculous stand of not objecting to bail applications
of certain people while objecting to others," Swamy told
He said courts had held that bail is a rule and jail is
an exception. "In this case, jail is an exception because they
committed a crime against the nation. Rajat Gupta`s crime was
not a crime against nation and it was just a case of
manipulation. This is much more serious crime.
"These people looted the country," he alleged.
His comments came as a Delhi court today dismissed bail
pleas of Kanimozhi and seven others in the 2G spectrum
allocation case with Special Judge O P Saini saying the
charges levelled against them were of "very serious nature."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!