Court seeks ATR on complaint against IAC, Kejriwal
New Delhi; A Delhi court on Monday asked the city police to file an action-taken-report on a plea for lodging an FIR against NGO `India Against Corruption` (IAC) and its three members for making "baseless" and "defamatory" allegations against President Pranab Mukherjee.
Metropolitan Magistrate (MM) Ambika Singh asked the police to submit to it by September 3 its ATR on the complaint of one Rajiv Khosla who has alleged that IAC member Arvind Kejriwal levelled abusive and frivolous allegations against President Mukherjee during their recent demonstration in support of the Janlokpal Bill here.
Khosla, in his plea against Kejriwal, IAC and its two other members Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai, said they started their demonstration on July 25 this year, the same day Mukherjee was sworn in as the President of India.
Referring to the media reports, he said when Mukherjee was sworn in as President, Kejriwal made an "open statement" against his integrity.
"It is pertinent to mention here that the said statement made by one of the IAC members was not an end itself but an initiation of baseless, abusive, defamatory, malafide and frivolous allegations against the President," said Khosla, in his plea filed through advocate Gaurav Kumar Bansal.
He said during the demonstration, he found that the IAC members distributed pamphlets in which the charges of corruption were levelled against the President and he was alleged to be an enemy of Janlokpal Bill.
"It is respectfully submitted that by making allegations against Pranab Mukherjee, the President of India, the members of IAC are instigating a feeling of hatred and disgrace against the post of President among general public which in the nature itself is contemptuous and is in violation of Article 361 of the Constitution of India," it said.
Khosla said he filed a complaint against them in the
Parliament Street police station here on July 27 but no FIR has been lodged against them till date despite his "best efforts to get his complaint investigated."
"It is therefore most respectfully prayed to this court to entertain the complaint as per the law and take cognisance against the above persons for offences punishable under Section 504 / 505 (insult intended to provoke breach of trust/ false statement circulated with intent to cause mutiny) read with section 34 of IPC and section 2 of the Prevention of Insult to National Honour Act 1971 and punish them accordingly," the plea said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy