Court seeks ATR on complaint against IAC, Kejriwal
New Delhi; A Delhi court on Monday asked the city police to file an action-taken-report on a plea for lodging an FIR against NGO `India Against Corruption` (IAC) and its three members for making "baseless" and "defamatory" allegations against President Pranab Mukherjee.
Metropolitan Magistrate (MM) Ambika Singh asked the police to submit to it by September 3 its ATR on the complaint of one Rajiv Khosla who has alleged that IAC member Arvind Kejriwal levelled abusive and frivolous allegations against President Mukherjee during their recent demonstration in support of the Janlokpal Bill here.
Khosla, in his plea against Kejriwal, IAC and its two other members Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai, said they started their demonstration on July 25 this year, the same day Mukherjee was sworn in as the President of India.
Referring to the media reports, he said when Mukherjee was sworn in as President, Kejriwal made an "open statement" against his integrity.
"It is pertinent to mention here that the said statement made by one of the IAC members was not an end itself but an initiation of baseless, abusive, defamatory, malafide and frivolous allegations against the President," said Khosla, in his plea filed through advocate Gaurav Kumar Bansal.
He said during the demonstration, he found that the IAC members distributed pamphlets in which the charges of corruption were levelled against the President and he was alleged to be an enemy of Janlokpal Bill.
"It is respectfully submitted that by making allegations against Pranab Mukherjee, the President of India, the members of IAC are instigating a feeling of hatred and disgrace against the post of President among general public which in the nature itself is contemptuous and is in violation of Article 361 of the Constitution of India," it said.
Khosla said he filed a complaint against them in the
Parliament Street police station here on July 27 but no FIR has been lodged against them till date despite his "best efforts to get his complaint investigated."
"It is therefore most respectfully prayed to this court to entertain the complaint as per the law and take cognisance against the above persons for offences punishable under Section 504 / 505 (insult intended to provoke breach of trust/ false statement circulated with intent to cause mutiny) read with section 34 of IPC and section 2 of the Prevention of Insult to National Honour Act 1971 and punish them accordingly," the plea said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read