Court seeks medical report on Sadhvi`s health status
Mumbai: A special MCOCA court on Thursday directed
state-run J J hospital to submit an exhaustive medical report
on the health status of Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, prime
accused in the Malegaon 2008 bomb blast case.
Thakur, who has complained of severe spinal problems, has
spent over 18 months shuttling between J J hospital and Podar
Ayurvedic hospital for treatment.
She had last week filed an application before the MCOCA
court seeking for the state government to provide her experts
and to bear her medical expenses at the J J hospital.
In her application, Thakur had claimed that since she
does not have any definite source of income she cannot fend
for herself and hence the state government should bear the
The prosecution however opposed the application.
"The accused had refused to undergo treatment at the
state-run hospital after which she was transferred to Podar
hospital. Why should the state bear bills of private doctors,"
special public prosecutor Rohini Salian argued.
Salian told the court doctors at J J hospital are well
equipped to provide treatment to Thakur.
Special MCOCA Judge Y D Shinde directed J J hospital to
conduct a thorough test on Thakur and submit a report before
it on January 11, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'