Court seeks police reply on Amar aide`s bail plea
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Wednesday issued notice to the police on the bail plea of Sanjeev Saxena, a former aide of MP Amar Singh and an accused in the 2008 cash-for-votes scam.
Justice M.L. Mehta issued notice to Delhi police seeking their response by Nov 14. Saxena had applied for bail Tuesday.
Saxena is in judicial custody since his arrest July 17 in the case.
His bail plea had been rejected in September by a Delhi court which said he had "links" with co-accused and former Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh and played the role of a facilitator in the cash-for-votes scam which occurred during the 2008 trust vote in parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'