Court seeks police reply on Amar aide`s bail plea
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Wednesday issued notice to the police on the bail plea of Sanjeev Saxena, a former aide of MP Amar Singh and an accused in the 2008 cash-for-votes scam.
Justice M.L. Mehta issued notice to Delhi police seeking their response by Nov 14. Saxena had applied for bail Tuesday.
Saxena is in judicial custody since his arrest July 17 in the case.
His bail plea had been rejected in September by a Delhi court which said he had "links" with co-accused and former Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh and played the role of a facilitator in the cash-for-votes scam which occurred during the 2008 trust vote in parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what