Court seeks police reply on Amar aide`s bail plea
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Wednesday issued notice to the police on the bail plea of Sanjeev Saxena, a former aide of MP Amar Singh and an accused in the 2008 cash-for-votes scam.
Justice M.L. Mehta issued notice to Delhi police seeking their response by Nov 14. Saxena had applied for bail Tuesday.
Saxena is in judicial custody since his arrest July 17 in the case.
His bail plea had been rejected in September by a Delhi court which said he had "links" with co-accused and former Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh and played the role of a facilitator in the cash-for-votes scam which occurred during the 2008 trust vote in parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred