Court seeks police reply on Amar aide`s bail plea
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Wednesday issued notice to the police on the bail plea of Sanjeev Saxena, a former aide of MP Amar Singh and an accused in the 2008 cash-for-votes scam.
Justice M.L. Mehta issued notice to Delhi police seeking their response by Nov 14. Saxena had applied for bail Tuesday.
Saxena is in judicial custody since his arrest July 17 in the case.
His bail plea had been rejected in September by a Delhi court which said he had "links" with co-accused and former Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh and played the role of a facilitator in the cash-for-votes scam which occurred during the 2008 trust vote in parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi