Court seeks police reply on Amar aide`s bail plea
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Wednesday issued notice to the police on the bail plea of Sanjeev Saxena, a former aide of MP Amar Singh and an accused in the 2008 cash-for-votes scam.
Justice M.L. Mehta issued notice to Delhi police seeking their response by Nov 14. Saxena had applied for bail Tuesday.
Saxena is in judicial custody since his arrest July 17 in the case.
His bail plea had been rejected in September by a Delhi court which said he had "links" with co-accused and former Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh and played the role of a facilitator in the cash-for-votes scam which occurred during the 2008 trust vote in parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Afghans push India for more arms, despite Pakistan's wary eye
- Canada to US tourists: please leave your guns at home
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar