Court stays grant disbursal to units making wine from foodgrains
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court on Wednesday stayed the disbursal of subsidy/grant to industrial units making wine from foodgrains.
The court`s directive came on a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) filed by social activist Chetan Kamble alleging that encouragement to such units will lead to rise in foodgrain prices.
Petitioner`s lawyer Uday Warunjikar said the court has
asked Maharashtra Government to submit its reply by February
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!