Court takes cognizance of case against Army Chief
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Thursday took cognizance of a defamation complaint filed by Lieutenant General (Retired) Tejinder Singh against Army Chief General VK Singh, and four senior Army officers.
The court also fixed April 10 as the next date for pre-summoning of evidence in connection with the case.
The complainant, Lieutenant General (Retired) Tejinder Singh, has accused Army Chief General VK Singh, and four senior Army officers of criminal conspiracy to defame him.
Tejinder Singh had moved to the court after the Army Chief disclosed that he was offered a 14-crore bribe in 2010 to clear "sub-standard" trucks for use by the Army, apparently pointing fingers to the retired Lieutenant General.
In his defamation suit filed in a Magistrate`s court, Tejinder Singh asked the court to summon and initiate proceedings against General Singh for making the "libelous" statement against him in the media.
In his complaint, the retired Lieutenant General also named SK Singh (Vice-Chief of Army staff), Lt Gen BS Thakur (DG MI), Major General SL Narshiman (Additional Director General of Public Information) and Lieutenant Colonel Hitten Sawhney, accusing them of misusing their official position, power and authority to level false charges against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey