Court to consider ATR on Jan 31 on plea against Kejriwal, IAC
New Delhi: A court here on Tuesday fixed January 31 next for consideration on an Action Taken Report filed by Delhi Police on a plea for lodging an FIR against NGO `India Against Corruption` and its three members for allegedly making "defamatory" allegations against President Pranab Mukherjee.
Metropolitan Magistrate Ambika Singh put up the matter for consideration on the ATR after the police submitted it in the court. However, the contents of the ATR were not known.
The court had earlier directed the police to file an ATR on the plea by Rajiv Khosla who has alleged that IAC member Arvind Kejriwal had levelled abusive and frivolous allegations against President Mukherjee during their demonstration here in support of the Janlokpal Bill.
In his plea, Khosla alleged Kejriwal, IAC and its two other members Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai, had started their demonstration on July 25 this year, the day Mukherjee was sworn in as the President of India.
He had also referred to media reports saying that when Mukherjee was sworn in as President, Kejriwal had made an "open statement" against his integrity.
"It is pertinent to mention here that the said statement made by one of the IAC members was not an end in itself but an initiation of baseless, abusive, defamatory, malafide and frivolous allegations against the President," Khosla had said in his petition.
He said that during the demonstration, he found that the IAC members distributed pamphlets in which the corruption charges were levelled against the President.
He had also claimed he had filed a complaint against them at Parliament Street police station here on July 27 but no FIR has been lodged against them despite his "best efforts to get his complaint investigated."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks