Court to decide if TV footage on Kasab amounts to contempt
Mumbai: A special court hearing the 26/11
attacks case on Thursday said it would go into the issue of whether
the footage shown on television channels on interrogation of
Pakistani gunman Ajmal Kasab constituted contempt.
Judge M L Tahaliyani asked special public prosecutor
Ujjwal Nikam to furnish a list of the channels which showed
the CD on their networks.
The CD formed part of the case diaries and showing it
on national channels while the trial was in progress might
invite contempt action, the judge observed.
Accepting an affidavit filed by ACP Tanaji Gadge, who
had interrogated Kasab, the court asked how the CD was leaked
to the media.
Prosecutor Nikam said it was for the television
channels to disclose from where they had got the material.
Gadge said seven copies had been made of the original
CD on Kasab`s interrogation. One copy was given to the police
commissioner, another to DCP Sanjay Mohite and the third to
ACP Kargaonkar while the rest were lying with him.
Kasab, who is not keeping well for the last few days,
was not brought to the court today.
In another development, a doctor who conducted post
mortem of Amarsingh Solanki, navigator of the fishing trawler
"Kuber" used by the terrorists, deposed before the court.
Solanki was murdered by Kasab and his companions in
the trawler when they were in the international waters. On
reaching Mumbai coast, they left the body in "Kuber" and went
to their respective targets to strike terror.
Doctor Gajanan Chavan told the court that Solanki had
received external injuries with a knife or some sharp object.
Solanki`s throat was slit open before the terrorists
abandoned the trawler on the shores of Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla