Court to decide if TV footage on Kasab amounts to contempt
Mumbai: A special court hearing the 26/11
attacks case on Thursday said it would go into the issue of whether
the footage shown on television channels on interrogation of
Pakistani gunman Ajmal Kasab constituted contempt.
Judge M L Tahaliyani asked special public prosecutor
Ujjwal Nikam to furnish a list of the channels which showed
the CD on their networks.
The CD formed part of the case diaries and showing it
on national channels while the trial was in progress might
invite contempt action, the judge observed.
Accepting an affidavit filed by ACP Tanaji Gadge, who
had interrogated Kasab, the court asked how the CD was leaked
to the media.
Prosecutor Nikam said it was for the television
channels to disclose from where they had got the material.
Gadge said seven copies had been made of the original
CD on Kasab`s interrogation. One copy was given to the police
commissioner, another to DCP Sanjay Mohite and the third to
ACP Kargaonkar while the rest were lying with him.
Kasab, who is not keeping well for the last few days,
was not brought to the court today.
In another development, a doctor who conducted post
mortem of Amarsingh Solanki, navigator of the fishing trawler
"Kuber" used by the terrorists, deposed before the court.
Solanki was murdered by Kasab and his companions in
the trawler when they were in the international waters. On
reaching Mumbai coast, they left the body in "Kuber" and went
to their respective targets to strike terror.
Doctor Gajanan Chavan told the court that Solanki had
received external injuries with a knife or some sharp object.
Solanki`s throat was slit open before the terrorists
abandoned the trawler on the shores of Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah being trolled on Twitter for talking about son's ill health – Know details
- Indian Test skipper Virat Kohli captures his hard work on instagram! WATCH VIDEO
- Paper trays coated with silver capable of extending shelf-life of eggs: Research
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here