Court to decide on plea against Khurshid, wife
New Delhi: A Delhi court Tuesday said it will decide on December 18 if it has jurisdiction to entertain a plea seeking lodging of FIR against External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid and his wife Louise Khurshid for alleged criminal misappropriation of funds of a trust run by them.
"The court to decide on December 18 how Jamia Nagar police station and this court has territorial jurisdiction to order registration of FIR against the respondents (Salman Khurshid and Louise Khurshid)," Metropolitan Magistrate Saumya Chauhan said.
The order came on a petition filed by Tajinder Pal Singh Bagga, President of Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena, who has alleged that the Khurshids had misappropriated over Rs 71 lakhs from Dr Zakhir Hussain Memorial Trust run by them.
Bagga, in his petition, has sought directions to the Jamia Nagar police station in South Delhi to lodge an FIR against the couple and hold an inquiry into the alleged misappropriation of funds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list