Court to decide on plea against Khurshid, wife
New Delhi: A Delhi court Tuesday said it will decide on December 18 if it has jurisdiction to entertain a plea seeking lodging of FIR against External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid and his wife Louise Khurshid for alleged criminal misappropriation of funds of a trust run by them.
"The court to decide on December 18 how Jamia Nagar police station and this court has territorial jurisdiction to order registration of FIR against the respondents (Salman Khurshid and Louise Khurshid)," Metropolitan Magistrate Saumya Chauhan said.
The order came on a petition filed by Tajinder Pal Singh Bagga, President of Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena, who has alleged that the Khurshids had misappropriated over Rs 71 lakhs from Dr Zakhir Hussain Memorial Trust run by them.
Bagga, in his petition, has sought directions to the Jamia Nagar police station in South Delhi to lodge an FIR against the couple and hold an inquiry into the alleged misappropriation of funds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued