Court to decide on plea against Khurshid, wife
New Delhi: A Delhi court Tuesday said it will decide on December 18 if it has jurisdiction to entertain a plea seeking lodging of FIR against External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid and his wife Louise Khurshid for alleged criminal misappropriation of funds of a trust run by them.
"The court to decide on December 18 how Jamia Nagar police station and this court has territorial jurisdiction to order registration of FIR against the respondents (Salman Khurshid and Louise Khurshid)," Metropolitan Magistrate Saumya Chauhan said.
The order came on a petition filed by Tajinder Pal Singh Bagga, President of Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena, who has alleged that the Khurshids had misappropriated over Rs 71 lakhs from Dr Zakhir Hussain Memorial Trust run by them.
Bagga, in his petition, has sought directions to the Jamia Nagar police station in South Delhi to lodge an FIR against the couple and hold an inquiry into the alleged misappropriation of funds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what