Court to decide on plea against Khurshid, wife
New Delhi: A Delhi court Tuesday said it will decide on December 18 if it has jurisdiction to entertain a plea seeking lodging of FIR against External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid and his wife Louise Khurshid for alleged criminal misappropriation of funds of a trust run by them.
"The court to decide on December 18 how Jamia Nagar police station and this court has territorial jurisdiction to order registration of FIR against the respondents (Salman Khurshid and Louise Khurshid)," Metropolitan Magistrate Saumya Chauhan said.
The order came on a petition filed by Tajinder Pal Singh Bagga, President of Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena, who has alleged that the Khurshids had misappropriated over Rs 71 lakhs from Dr Zakhir Hussain Memorial Trust run by them.
Bagga, in his petition, has sought directions to the Jamia Nagar police station in South Delhi to lodge an FIR against the couple and hold an inquiry into the alleged misappropriation of funds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Watch this interesting movie-like trailer for NASA's Juno mission!
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard