Court to examine Abu Salem on Mar 7 in fake passport case
Hyderabad: On competition of examination
of witnesses in the fake passport case involving extradited
gangster Abu Salem, a special court for CBI cases here on Monday set March 7 as the date for examination of the underworld don.
The defence today cross-examined CBI`s Investigating
Officer Satish Prabhu. Abu Salem was present in the court
during the cross examination.
A total of 39 prosecution witnesses deposed before the
court after the trial began and 60 documents were marked as
exhibits, CBI`s senior public prosecutor T V Ramana told PTI,
adding, the court has now posted the matter to March 7 for
examining Salem under relevant sections of the Criminal
The court also gave directions to the Mumbai Central
Prison Officials who escorted Salem (from Mumbai) to produce
him before the court on March 7 for conducting his
"Once the examination of Salem is over the defence and
prosecution would take up the arguments and the judgement in
the case is likely to come by April end," he said.
Trial against Salem for obtaining a passport under a
fictitious name in 2001 from Kurnool district of Andhra
Pradesh began in Hyderabad in 2009. Salem is accused of
impersonating as Ramil Kamil Malik for obtaining the passport.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today