Court to examine Abu Salem on Mar 7 in fake passport case
Hyderabad: On competition of examination
of witnesses in the fake passport case involving extradited
gangster Abu Salem, a special court for CBI cases here on Monday set March 7 as the date for examination of the underworld don.
The defence today cross-examined CBI`s Investigating
Officer Satish Prabhu. Abu Salem was present in the court
during the cross examination.
A total of 39 prosecution witnesses deposed before the
court after the trial began and 60 documents were marked as
exhibits, CBI`s senior public prosecutor T V Ramana told PTI,
adding, the court has now posted the matter to March 7 for
examining Salem under relevant sections of the Criminal
The court also gave directions to the Mumbai Central
Prison Officials who escorted Salem (from Mumbai) to produce
him before the court on March 7 for conducting his
"Once the examination of Salem is over the defence and
prosecution would take up the arguments and the judgement in
the case is likely to come by April end," he said.
Trial against Salem for obtaining a passport under a
fictitious name in 2001 from Kurnool district of Andhra
Pradesh began in Hyderabad in 2009. Salem is accused of
impersonating as Ramil Kamil Malik for obtaining the passport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video