Court to hear afresh case of Aseemanand`s confession leakage
New Delhi: Expressing displeasure against a magisterial court for treating "casually" the leakage of 2007 Samjhauta Express blast case accused Swami Aseemanand`s confession, a sessions court here has asked the magistrate to hear afresh a plea for taking action against those responsible for the leak.
Swami Aseemanand had allegedly confessed to a magisterial court that he was involved in various bomb attacks, including that in Samjhauta Express in 2007, along with several other Sangh activists.
"The factum of confidential document having been leaked in such a manner is a matter of grave concern and should not have been taken so casually by the court and in these circumstances, the appropriate inquiry was desirable to go to the root of the matter to arrive at some logical conclusion," Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) Savita Rao said.
The sessions court`s order came on a revision petition by RSS functionary and Ajmer dargah blast case accused Devender Gupta, against the order of a trial court.
Gupta, arrested for his alleged role in the Ajmer dargah blast case and presently lodged in Ajmer Central Jail, had moved the court seeking registration of an FIR against unknown CBI officials and some Tehelka journal scribes for leakage of Assemanand`s confessional statement to a judicial magistrate.
The trial court had on April 13 last year dismissed Gupta`s plea saying that the "documents belongs to another court and not to a Delhi court" and he should approach the concerned court for this remedy.
The ASJ set aside the additional chief metropolitan magistrate`s order saying it was not "sustainable" and "bereft of any reason with respect to other legal aspects qua the offence made out in this scenario."
Aseemanand (60), prime accused in Hyderabad`s Mecca Masjid blast case, in his confessional statement recorded by a magistrate here on December 12, 2010 had alleged that he and several other Sangh activists had a direct role in the blasts, including those at Malegaon, Samjhauta Express, Ajmer dargah and Mecca Masjid in Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened