Court to hear Ajmer blast accused`s narco petition on Tuesday
Ajmer: A local court on Monday decided to
hear tomorrow a revision petition of Devender Gupta, arrested
in connection with the 2007 Ajmer Dargah bomb blast, on
proposed narco test on him.
This was decided by District and Session Judge
Prashant Agarwal, according to Umardan Lakhawat, advocate of
Gupta, suspected to have links with a Hindu militant
outfit, filed the revision petition on May 6 against the
proposed narco and brain mapping tests on him by Rajasthan
Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS).
The petition came in the wake of a Supreme Court
ruling terming as unconstitutional compulsory use of
narco-analysis, brain-mapping and polygraph tests as it
amounted unwarranted intrusion into personal liberty.
Gupta has claimed in his revision petition that ATS
has not taken his consent for conducting the tests.
Gupta, a resident of Bihari Ganj in Ajmer, was
arrested by the Rajasthan ATS on April 29 when he had gone to
meet his ailing mother, according to ATS officials. He was
later produced before an Ajmer court which remanded him in
police custody till May 12.
The court had granted permission to the ATS to carry
out the narco test after it had moved an application in this
regard on May 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!