Court to hear Ajmer blast accused`s narco petition on Tuesday
Ajmer: A local court on Monday decided to
hear tomorrow a revision petition of Devender Gupta, arrested
in connection with the 2007 Ajmer Dargah bomb blast, on
proposed narco test on him.
This was decided by District and Session Judge
Prashant Agarwal, according to Umardan Lakhawat, advocate of
Gupta, suspected to have links with a Hindu militant
outfit, filed the revision petition on May 6 against the
proposed narco and brain mapping tests on him by Rajasthan
Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS).
The petition came in the wake of a Supreme Court
ruling terming as unconstitutional compulsory use of
narco-analysis, brain-mapping and polygraph tests as it
amounted unwarranted intrusion into personal liberty.
Gupta has claimed in his revision petition that ATS
has not taken his consent for conducting the tests.
Gupta, a resident of Bihari Ganj in Ajmer, was
arrested by the Rajasthan ATS on April 29 when he had gone to
meet his ailing mother, according to ATS officials. He was
later produced before an Ajmer court which remanded him in
police custody till May 12.
The court had granted permission to the ATS to carry
out the narco test after it had moved an application in this
regard on May 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- CBSE XII Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared tomorrow