Court to hear private complaint against SAS Geelani, 3 others
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Tuesday fixed October 01 for hearing a private complaint seeking registration of FIR against separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani and three others for allegedly creating "hatred" among the people of Kashmir and others parts of the country.
The private complaint filed by two Delhi residents also claimed that Geelani, the chief of hardline Hurriyat faction who is presently under house arrest in Hyderpora in Kashmir, had on several occasions "threatened the safety and security of Government of India and its citizens" by delivering various hate speeches.
Besides Geelani, it seeks registration of FIR against Mohd Ashraf Sahrai, General Secretary of Tehreek-E-Hurriyat and two Hurriyat Conference members Masarat Alam Bhat and Ghulam Nabi Sumji for offences under various Sections, including 121 (waging or attempting to wage war against country) and 153 A (promoting enmity between classes) of IPC.
Referring to Geelani`s statement given on July 28, 2013, the complaint said the Hurriyat leader had asked the people of the Valley not to give their houses on rent to labourers or non-residents from outside Kashmir as "according to him, India is building roads and railways in Kashmir for its own Army and to strengthen its occupation".
The hearing on the complaint, which was listed for today, could not take place as the concerned magistrate was on leave. The matter has now been fixed for October 1.
The complainants alleged that these persons have insulted the Constitution and have "incurably attacked the unity and integrity of the republic of India."
They claimed they had lodged complaint at a police station here but even after informing Delhi Police Commissioner about it, no action was taken which prompted them to approach the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum