Courts will have to adopt pro-active role: Bhagwat
Mumbai: Lamenting growing corruption, the
RSS supremo Mohan Bhagwat on Friday said courts will have to take
a proactive role to set things right.
"Courts have to speak out... till then nobody bothers,"
he said in an apparent reference to Supreme Court`s orders in
CVC Thomas case, 2G spectrum scam, etc.
He also regretted that the image of politicians has been
sullied in the recent years.
The RSS chief blamed the education system for growing
moral decadence. "This was due to an educational system which
did not teach virtues of benevolence, understanding and
included study of one`s own culture, history and tradition,"
The prevailing education system only teaches how to earn
more and more money. "Unfortunately, parents are responsible
for burdening young kids with the weight of their school text
books rather than inculcating values of becoming a good human
being....Education does not necessarily make a person
cultured," he said.
Touching on Kashmir issue, Bhagwat said, "People talk of
national integration but do not act on this front.
Interlocutors appointed to find solutions to the Kashmir issue
talk of giving Kashmir autonomy (instead)," he remarked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat