Courts will have to adopt pro-active role: Bhagwat
Mumbai: Lamenting growing corruption, the
RSS supremo Mohan Bhagwat on Friday said courts will have to take
a proactive role to set things right.
"Courts have to speak out... till then nobody bothers,"
he said in an apparent reference to Supreme Court`s orders in
CVC Thomas case, 2G spectrum scam, etc.
He also regretted that the image of politicians has been
sullied in the recent years.
The RSS chief blamed the education system for growing
moral decadence. "This was due to an educational system which
did not teach virtues of benevolence, understanding and
included study of one`s own culture, history and tradition,"
The prevailing education system only teaches how to earn
more and more money. "Unfortunately, parents are responsible
for burdening young kids with the weight of their school text
books rather than inculcating values of becoming a good human
being....Education does not necessarily make a person
cultured," he said.
Touching on Kashmir issue, Bhagwat said, "People talk of
national integration but do not act on this front.
Interlocutors appointed to find solutions to the Kashmir issue
talk of giving Kashmir autonomy (instead)," he remarked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons
- Gunmen kill at least eight in Munich shopping mall, shooters on the run
- Please do not speculate: Police to commentators