CP Joshi takes additional charge of Railway Ministry
New Delhi: Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways CP Joshi on Monday took additional charge of the Railway Ministry.
"Will improve the trust deficit prevalent among the staff, will carry out all responsibilities with honesty," Joshi told media after taking charge.
In a swift and decisive move, the Congress Party dropped both Ashwani Kumar and Pawan Kumar Bansal from the Union Cabinet in view of the charges of corruption and impropriety surrounding them.
The decision in this regard came soon after Congress president Sonia Gandhi met Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh last week, and it was decided that both the ministers should be asked to put in their papers to contain any further damage to the UPA Government.
The government was finding to difficult to defend the Law Minister after the Supreme Court`s scathing remarks over changing the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) status report in the coal scam.
Meanwhile, Bansal`s ouster from the Cabinet became inevitable after it became clear that the CBI was all set to question him following the arrest of his nephew Vijay Singla in the cash-for-job scam.
The arrest of Singla and media revelations about his family`s business transactions and bank loans had caused the government major embarrassment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter