CP Joshi takes additional charge of Railway Ministry
New Delhi: Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways CP Joshi on Monday took additional charge of the Railway Ministry.
"Will improve the trust deficit prevalent among the staff, will carry out all responsibilities with honesty," Joshi told media after taking charge.
In a swift and decisive move, the Congress Party dropped both Ashwani Kumar and Pawan Kumar Bansal from the Union Cabinet in view of the charges of corruption and impropriety surrounding them.
The decision in this regard came soon after Congress president Sonia Gandhi met Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh last week, and it was decided that both the ministers should be asked to put in their papers to contain any further damage to the UPA Government.
The government was finding to difficult to defend the Law Minister after the Supreme Court`s scathing remarks over changing the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) status report in the coal scam.
Meanwhile, Bansal`s ouster from the Cabinet became inevitable after it became clear that the CBI was all set to question him following the arrest of his nephew Vijay Singla in the cash-for-job scam.
The arrest of Singla and media revelations about his family`s business transactions and bank loans had caused the government major embarrassment.
- See pic: Tim Kopra shares view of massive storm near Japan from space!
- Thousands rally in Turkey to mark May Day amid tight security
- After Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh, forest fire now rages in J&K
- Uttarakhand forest fires: Social media terms it ‘National Emergency’, around 3000 hectares of forest area destroyed
- US, Russia in bids to halt fighting in Syria`s Aleppo