CP Joshi takes additional charge of Railway Ministry
New Delhi: Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways CP Joshi on Monday took additional charge of the Railway Ministry.
"Will improve the trust deficit prevalent among the staff, will carry out all responsibilities with honesty," Joshi told media after taking charge.
In a swift and decisive move, the Congress Party dropped both Ashwani Kumar and Pawan Kumar Bansal from the Union Cabinet in view of the charges of corruption and impropriety surrounding them.
The decision in this regard came soon after Congress president Sonia Gandhi met Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh last week, and it was decided that both the ministers should be asked to put in their papers to contain any further damage to the UPA Government.
The government was finding to difficult to defend the Law Minister after the Supreme Court`s scathing remarks over changing the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) status report in the coal scam.
Meanwhile, Bansal`s ouster from the Cabinet became inevitable after it became clear that the CBI was all set to question him following the arrest of his nephew Vijay Singla in the cash-for-job scam.
The arrest of Singla and media revelations about his family`s business transactions and bank loans had caused the government major embarrassment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble