CPI asks Sonia to express her opinion on Telangana issue
Hyderabad: Alleging that the UPA
Government is dilly-dallying on the Telangana statehood
issue, the CPI Friday demanded that the Centre announce a
clear-cut policy on the long-pending matter.
In a letter to Union Home Minister P Chidambaram, CPI
State Secretary K Narayana demanded that Congress President
Sonia Gandhi express her opinion on the Telangana issue first.
"The Union Government is silent on Telangana issue and
adopting delaying tactics in bringing out a solution.
Actually, this issue is to be solved through political
process. Indian National Congress is in power both in the
state and Centre. Let UPA Chairperson and Congress President
express her opinion on this matter, subsequently others will
express their opinions," he said in the letter.
Without the Centre announcing a clear-cut policy,
there is no use in conducting all-party meetings on the issue,
The Union Home Minister had convened a meeting of
eight recognised political parties in January to discuss the
Srikrishna Committee report and is supposed to convene the
next meet to deliberate on the sensitive issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Mafia don's calls: Maharashtra minister hits back at AAP
- Digvijay Singh seeks judicial probe into fake Batla House encounter
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against Arvind Kejriwal govt, Centre on May 28
- Watch video: Baby bison is attacked by a wolf – what happens next will give you goosebumps!
- Kejriwal gives one week deadline to discoms to solve outages problem