CPI asks Sonia to express her opinion on Telangana issue
Hyderabad: Alleging that the UPA
Government is dilly-dallying on the Telangana statehood
issue, the CPI Friday demanded that the Centre announce a
clear-cut policy on the long-pending matter.
In a letter to Union Home Minister P Chidambaram, CPI
State Secretary K Narayana demanded that Congress President
Sonia Gandhi express her opinion on the Telangana issue first.
"The Union Government is silent on Telangana issue and
adopting delaying tactics in bringing out a solution.
Actually, this issue is to be solved through political
process. Indian National Congress is in power both in the
state and Centre. Let UPA Chairperson and Congress President
express her opinion on this matter, subsequently others will
express their opinions," he said in the letter.
Without the Centre announcing a clear-cut policy,
there is no use in conducting all-party meetings on the issue,
The Union Home Minister had convened a meeting of
eight recognised political parties in January to discuss the
Srikrishna Committee report and is supposed to convene the
next meet to deliberate on the sensitive issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA