CPI asks Sonia to express her opinion on Telangana issue
Hyderabad: Alleging that the UPA
Government is dilly-dallying on the Telangana statehood
issue, the CPI Friday demanded that the Centre announce a
clear-cut policy on the long-pending matter.
In a letter to Union Home Minister P Chidambaram, CPI
State Secretary K Narayana demanded that Congress President
Sonia Gandhi express her opinion on the Telangana issue first.
"The Union Government is silent on Telangana issue and
adopting delaying tactics in bringing out a solution.
Actually, this issue is to be solved through political
process. Indian National Congress is in power both in the
state and Centre. Let UPA Chairperson and Congress President
express her opinion on this matter, subsequently others will
express their opinions," he said in the letter.
Without the Centre announcing a clear-cut policy,
there is no use in conducting all-party meetings on the issue,
The Union Home Minister had convened a meeting of
eight recognised political parties in January to discuss the
Srikrishna Committee report and is supposed to convene the
next meet to deliberate on the sensitive issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Politics over Yoga? BMC makes 'Surya Namaskar' mandatory in all affiliated schools in Mumbai
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI — As it happened...
- Special session of Goa Assembly to ratify GST on August 31
- Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing to discuss North Korean missile test