CPI asks Sonia to express her opinion on Telangana issue
Hyderabad: Alleging that the UPA
Government is dilly-dallying on the Telangana statehood
issue, the CPI Friday demanded that the Centre announce a
clear-cut policy on the long-pending matter.
In a letter to Union Home Minister P Chidambaram, CPI
State Secretary K Narayana demanded that Congress President
Sonia Gandhi express her opinion on the Telangana issue first.
"The Union Government is silent on Telangana issue and
adopting delaying tactics in bringing out a solution.
Actually, this issue is to be solved through political
process. Indian National Congress is in power both in the
state and Centre. Let UPA Chairperson and Congress President
express her opinion on this matter, subsequently others will
express their opinions," he said in the letter.
Without the Centre announcing a clear-cut policy,
there is no use in conducting all-party meetings on the issue,
The Union Home Minister had convened a meeting of
eight recognised political parties in January to discuss the
Srikrishna Committee report and is supposed to convene the
next meet to deliberate on the sensitive issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- As NSG rejects India's membership bid, MEA says 'one country' persistently created procedural hurdles
- I-League: Salgaocar FC, Sporting Clube de Goa withdraw, to be absent from this season's roster
- AAP vs Centre: Home Ministry returns 14 Bills of Delhi govt, Kejriwal targets Modi
- AIR to launch channel for cross-border listeners
- Golfer Vani Kappor grabs her 5th title of the season