CPI asks Sonia to express her opinion on Telangana issue
Hyderabad: Alleging that the UPA
Government is dilly-dallying on the Telangana statehood
issue, the CPI Friday demanded that the Centre announce a
clear-cut policy on the long-pending matter.
In a letter to Union Home Minister P Chidambaram, CPI
State Secretary K Narayana demanded that Congress President
Sonia Gandhi express her opinion on the Telangana issue first.
"The Union Government is silent on Telangana issue and
adopting delaying tactics in bringing out a solution.
Actually, this issue is to be solved through political
process. Indian National Congress is in power both in the
state and Centre. Let UPA Chairperson and Congress President
express her opinion on this matter, subsequently others will
express their opinions," he said in the letter.
Without the Centre announcing a clear-cut policy,
there is no use in conducting all-party meetings on the issue,
The Union Home Minister had convened a meeting of
eight recognised political parties in January to discuss the
Srikrishna Committee report and is supposed to convene the
next meet to deliberate on the sensitive issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH