CPI calls on people to participate in nationwide Aug 1 protest
Ludhiana: CPI on Tuesday gave a call asking people to participate in large numbers in the nationwide protest by Left parties on August 1 against the "anti-people" policies of the government.
The party, at the conclusion of its three-day state conference here, asked people to "stand up against conspiracy to spread religious fundamentalism, to organise people against the mafiaism and to struggle against rising prices."
In the conference, the party discussed political and economic situation of the country and methods to build party strength, Arun Mittra, state joint secretary of the party told reporters here today.
The conference elected a 71-member state council to manage the affairs in the coming period, which will elect the state secretary and the executive committee in its meeting next month, Mittra said.
Resolutions on education and employment for all, equality, justice and security for women, proper remuneration to the farm workers, primary education to be taken away from control of Panchayats and food security for all citizens of India were passed in the conference, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened