CPI calls on people to participate in nationwide Aug 1 protest
Ludhiana: CPI on Tuesday gave a call asking people to participate in large numbers in the nationwide protest by Left parties on August 1 against the "anti-people" policies of the government.
The party, at the conclusion of its three-day state conference here, asked people to "stand up against conspiracy to spread religious fundamentalism, to organise people against the mafiaism and to struggle against rising prices."
In the conference, the party discussed political and economic situation of the country and methods to build party strength, Arun Mittra, state joint secretary of the party told reporters here today.
The conference elected a 71-member state council to manage the affairs in the coming period, which will elect the state secretary and the executive committee in its meeting next month, Mittra said.
Resolutions on education and employment for all, equality, justice and security for women, proper remuneration to the farm workers, primary education to be taken away from control of Panchayats and food security for all citizens of India were passed in the conference, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- I see an outset of a footballing atmosphere in India: Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Two lions killed as man jumps into enclosure in attempt to commit suicide - Watch video
- Lord Hanuman's idols are fully smeared with sindoor – Here's why
- These car companies are offering purchase discount of upto Rs 1 lakh
- Actor-turned-politician Roopa Ganguly injured in 'Trinamool' attack