CPI calls on people to participate in nationwide Aug 1 protest
Ludhiana: CPI on Tuesday gave a call asking people to participate in large numbers in the nationwide protest by Left parties on August 1 against the "anti-people" policies of the government.
The party, at the conclusion of its three-day state conference here, asked people to "stand up against conspiracy to spread religious fundamentalism, to organise people against the mafiaism and to struggle against rising prices."
In the conference, the party discussed political and economic situation of the country and methods to build party strength, Arun Mittra, state joint secretary of the party told reporters here today.
The conference elected a 71-member state council to manage the affairs in the coming period, which will elect the state secretary and the executive committee in its meeting next month, Mittra said.
Resolutions on education and employment for all, equality, justice and security for women, proper remuneration to the farm workers, primary education to be taken away from control of Panchayats and food security for all citizens of India were passed in the conference, he said.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III