CPI calls on people to participate in nationwide Aug 1 protest
Ludhiana: CPI on Tuesday gave a call asking people to participate in large numbers in the nationwide protest by Left parties on August 1 against the "anti-people" policies of the government.
The party, at the conclusion of its three-day state conference here, asked people to "stand up against conspiracy to spread religious fundamentalism, to organise people against the mafiaism and to struggle against rising prices."
In the conference, the party discussed political and economic situation of the country and methods to build party strength, Arun Mittra, state joint secretary of the party told reporters here today.
The conference elected a 71-member state council to manage the affairs in the coming period, which will elect the state secretary and the executive committee in its meeting next month, Mittra said.
Resolutions on education and employment for all, equality, justice and security for women, proper remuneration to the farm workers, primary education to be taken away from control of Panchayats and food security for all citizens of India were passed in the conference, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming