CPI demands judicial inquiry into Kol Fire tragedy
The CPI on Friday demanded a judicial
probe into the massive fire in Kolkata hospital in which 70
people were killed.
Pointing out that private hospitals and nursing homes are
"mushrooming everywhere in the country", he said patients are
being charged at a very high exorbitant rate in such
facilities and there are "serious loopholes in the
"They are only for profit. Greed for profit. It is an
example of greed for profit of the corporate sector in the
healthcare and government also is pampering it all over the
country," Dasgupta said.
"Therefore I demand that multi-storey building should be
banned in Kolkata. I demand that a judicial probe should be
ordered into it immediately.
"I demand that all the private nursing homes, not only
in Kolkata, but all over the country should be regularly and
properly inspected and government and health ministry should
ensure that the security and safety of the patients are
properly maintained," the CPI leader said.
70 people have died in the fire at the private 190-bed
AMRI Hospital at Dhakuria in Kolkata`s southern fringes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan