CPI for alternate coalition at Centre
Hyderabad: Maintaining that the people of the
country are discontented with both the ruling UPA and the NDA,
the CPI on Monday hoped that an alternative coalition would emerge
in the future.
"People are quite discontented with the UPA. They would
like to see the end of the UPA. There is no possibility of
UPA-3. They are not fascinated with the BJP or NDA either. I
think as against both UPA and NDA, people are looking ahead
and hoping for an alternative to emerge," CPI general
secretary A B Bardhan said here today.
"We the Left will try to forge such an alternative
through struggles and people`s movements. We are not
mechanically thinking in terms of a so-called Third Front
which generally is supposed to be a meeting of party leaders
to sort out and adjust seats. We don`t think that creates
"But fighting together on issues like corruption,
economic policies, agrarian crisis, I hope is giving rise to a
situation where a real and Left alternative can emerge. I am
not sure about it immediately. I am not predicting that it
will emerge," he said.
The emergence of a Left-oriented alternative is a process
which will take time, said the CPI leader, who is here to
attend the National Council meetings of the party.=
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living