CPI-M congratulates Pranab, holds back support
New Delhi: The CPI-M Friday congratulated UPA`s presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee but said it would take a decision on supporting him only after discussions with other Left parties.
"It is courtesy to extend congratulations. As far as support is concerned, we will have to discuss with the Left parties," said Communist Party of India-Marxist leader Brinda Karat.
The Left meeting will be held Saturday, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?