CPI-M congratulates Pranab, holds back support
New Delhi: The CPI-M Friday congratulated UPA`s presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee but said it would take a decision on supporting him only after discussions with other Left parties.
"It is courtesy to extend congratulations. As far as support is concerned, we will have to discuss with the Left parties," said Communist Party of India-Marxist leader Brinda Karat.
The Left meeting will be held Saturday, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family