CPI-M Congress adopts ideological resolution
Kozhikode: The CPI-M`s ongoing Congress on Sunday adopted the ideological resolution presented by Politburo member Sitaram Yechury to meet the challenges of changing times.
The resolution seeks to forge a third political alternative in the country against the "neo-liberal" reforms of Congress and "communalist" agenda of BJP.
While critically analysing the deficiencies in socialist countries which had charted a course of economic reforms to meet the challenges thrown up by "imperialist globalisation", the document also rejects the theory of "identity politics" based on caste, religion and ethnicity.
Briefing reporters on the day`s proceedings at the
party`s 20th Congress here, politburo member S Ramachandran
Pillai said one delegate opposed the resolution, while three
others abstained. He did not give the reasons for the
abstention and opposite vote.
"There was broad agreement at the Congress on the overall
content of the draft ideological document," Pillai said.
Denying reports that the CPI-M`s political resolution,
adopted by the Congress on April 5, was later corrected to
leave the the option for a third front open, Pillai said the
party`s declared stand was that in the present situation,
there was no scope for a third front.
"Elections may come and we will take appropriate
decisions on electoral adjustments with regional parties at
that time. At the moment, there is no idea of a
programme-based third front," he said.
Pillai, who presented the organisational report at the
Congress last evening, said the CPI-M considered electoral
setbacks in West Bengal and Kerala as only one of the
indicators while assessing its growth and expansion.
The party had learnt from the mistakes it committed in
these states and would take remedial action. "However, the
party does not assess its growth based solely on electoral
gains," he said.
CPI-M will attempt to overcome the shortcomings and
weaknesses that led to its electoral debacle, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur