CPI-M flays petrol price hike
New Delhi: The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) Friday accused the government of showing "shocking callousness" by hiking the petrol price yet again -- by Rs.1.80 a litre.
"The UPA (United Progressive Alliance) government has again displayed its shocking callousness at the plight of the people," it said in a statement.
"On the same day the price hike was announced. the food inflation rate touched 12.21 per cent.
"The government`s deregulation of petrol pricing is responsible for the fuelling of the price hike of essential commodities and inflation. The hoax of the pricing according to the market has been exposed as the international oil prices have fallen considerably in the recent period."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra