CPI-M flays petrol price hike
New Delhi: The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) Friday accused the government of showing "shocking callousness" by hiking the petrol price yet again -- by Rs.1.80 a litre.
"The UPA (United Progressive Alliance) government has again displayed its shocking callousness at the plight of the people," it said in a statement.
"On the same day the price hike was announced. the food inflation rate touched 12.21 per cent.
"The government`s deregulation of petrol pricing is responsible for the fuelling of the price hike of essential commodities and inflation. The hoax of the pricing according to the market has been exposed as the international oil prices have fallen considerably in the recent period."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Good news for home buyers! Builders may have to pay 11% interest for delay in housing projects
- Case filed against PM Narendra Modi for insulting national flag
- Subramanian Swamy says he stands by PM Narendra Modi
- Fraudulous chit funds back to haunt Bengal in agricultural schemes avatar
- Now, Karnataka schools ordered to buy book highlighting Siddaramaiah govt's achievements