CPI-M flays petrol price hike
New Delhi: The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) Friday accused the government of showing "shocking callousness" by hiking the petrol price yet again -- by Rs.1.80 a litre.
"The UPA (United Progressive Alliance) government has again displayed its shocking callousness at the plight of the people," it said in a statement.
"On the same day the price hike was announced. the food inflation rate touched 12.21 per cent.
"The government`s deregulation of petrol pricing is responsible for the fuelling of the price hike of essential commodities and inflation. The hoax of the pricing according to the market has been exposed as the international oil prices have fallen considerably in the recent period."
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?