CPI-M politburo to discuss Assembly poll results
Agartala: The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) politburo at its meeting in New Delhi Saturday and Sunday will discuss the political outcome of the five-states` Assembly polls, party sources here said Thursday.
"Besides five states` election results, the two-day politburo meet would also discuss various aspects of the next month`s party Congress," a CPI-M spokesman said.
The 20th CPI-M party Congress will be held at Kerala`s Kozhikode April 4-9.
Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar, also a CPI-M politburo member, left here Thursday for New Delhi to attend the meeting.
The CPI-M politburo in a statement in New Delhi Wednesday admitted that the party performed poorly in Uttar Pradesh and Punjab Assembly elections.
"This underlines the need to strengthen the party, its mass activities and organisation in these two states," the statement added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living