CPI-M politburo to discuss Assembly poll results
Agartala: The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) politburo at its meeting in New Delhi Saturday and Sunday will discuss the political outcome of the five-states` Assembly polls, party sources here said Thursday.
"Besides five states` election results, the two-day politburo meet would also discuss various aspects of the next month`s party Congress," a CPI-M spokesman said.
The 20th CPI-M party Congress will be held at Kerala`s Kozhikode April 4-9.
Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar, also a CPI-M politburo member, left here Thursday for New Delhi to attend the meeting.
The CPI-M politburo in a statement in New Delhi Wednesday admitted that the party performed poorly in Uttar Pradesh and Punjab Assembly elections.
"This underlines the need to strengthen the party, its mass activities and organisation in these two states," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic