CPI-M politburo to discuss Assembly poll results
Agartala: The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) politburo at its meeting in New Delhi Saturday and Sunday will discuss the political outcome of the five-states` Assembly polls, party sources here said Thursday.
"Besides five states` election results, the two-day politburo meet would also discuss various aspects of the next month`s party Congress," a CPI-M spokesman said.
The 20th CPI-M party Congress will be held at Kerala`s Kozhikode April 4-9.
Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar, also a CPI-M politburo member, left here Thursday for New Delhi to attend the meeting.
The CPI-M politburo in a statement in New Delhi Wednesday admitted that the party performed poorly in Uttar Pradesh and Punjab Assembly elections.
"This underlines the need to strengthen the party, its mass activities and organisation in these two states," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state